Dental care Lodz
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Feel free to take advantage of the professional dental services in the offices of Omega Dental. I started my private dental practice in 1997. I am an expert in prosthetics both as a practising doctor and a research fellow at the Medical University of Lodz.
The most important goal, both mine and cooperating with me doctors, is the satisfaction and trust of our patients. Caring for the quality of our services we use only safe, high quality dental materials. We work only with reputable dental laboratory technicians. The greatest satisfaction for us is bright smile of our patients.
The owner – MD Beata Śmielak
· In 1995, she graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Lodz in Dentistry.
· In 1996, she began working in the Department of Prosthodontics, University of Lodz as an assistant.
· In 1998, she began working in his own dental practice.
· In 1999, she received the first degree of specialization in the field of general dentistry.
· In 2003 she defended her doctoral thesis entitled "Numerical analysis of the state of stress in the hard tissues of the teeth and bridges based on contributions and expenditures crown".
· In 2007, she won the title of Second Degree Specialist in the field of prosthodontics.
· Since 2011 she has worked as a lecturer in the Department of Prosthodontics, Medical University of Lodz She is the author of numerous publications and abstracts in prestigious medical journals. She gave a series of lectures at scientific congresses and conferences.
She is involved in the ongoing post-graduate training. She got more than 100 major diplomas and certificates in a country and abroad. She is a member of the Polish Dental Association and the Polish Association of Implantology.
A particular object of her interest is the cosmetic dentistry and implantology. She makes a lot of work on the foundation of all-ceramic glass, aluminum oxide, zirconium or reinforced with leucite. Both in her doctoral thesis as well as clinical work she deals with composites reinforced with fiberglass and polyethylene as temporary replenishment for a long time.
She has been expanding her knowledge of implantology, guided tissue regeneration and aesthetic treatment using porcelain veneers, inlays and onlays crown for 15 years. Dental clinic in Lodz - Omega Dental - dr Beata Śmielak.
She is a expert in prosthetics both as a practising doctor and a research fellow at the Medical University of Lodz. At Omega Dental Clinic we can proffer you dental care for the whole family, maintaining the highest European standards.
The Omega Dental Clinic offers a variety of dental services including: implants, veneers, crowns, teeth whitening and dental microscope. The microscope allows us to have a wide range of possibilities and make work be more accurate.
We also provide dental treatment for children. Welcome to our clinic in Lodz at 4 Piaski Street and 89 Zachodnia Street. Omega Dental - Dentistry in Lodz is the right choice.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Free dental check-ups!
Arrange a free dental check-up.!
Phone +48 721901500
Office hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-18:00
Medical doctor Beata Śmielak
The loss of even a single tooth is not indifferent to the body. Any lack of tooth needs a replenishment as soon as possible, which can be achieved through the use of implants. Leaving a blank space after the tooth is a serious mistake.
That is because our teeth, together with the surrounding tissue, form coherent set of stomatognathic and any deficiencies within it cause disturbance: in the arc between the arches, the apparatus keeping the tooth in the bone, the temporomandibular joint and muscular-nervous system.
The teeth, which are devoided of antagonists teeth, move vertically seeking contact with opposing teeth (Godon symptom), and the teeth adjacent to the missing teeth move and incline in the direction of the gap.
The material to perform implants are titanium or pure titanium, less often zirconium. The size and shape of the implant are dictated anatomical conditions which occur after the loss of teeth. It is important that the screwed implant was surrounded by the proper quantity and quality of bone tissue, which results in a good stabilization of the implant in the bone (its good anchorage) It is crucial to achieve a success of the treatment. In cases of small bone resource we perform regeneration treatments using the patient’s own bone (autologous) or a bane substitute.
There is a large variety in shape of the intra-osseous implant according to the selected system (cylindrical, helical, conical, threaded or smooth). Apart from the shape of the implants they differ from each other in length and width. The length of the bone introduced into the bone ranges from 7 to 20 mm, and the diameter at the widest part from 3 to 7mm.
In order to better connect the implant with the bone their surfaces are additionally treated with fatty infiltrated with particles of sand and sapphire, coated with titanium plasma or hydroxyapatite, to increase microporosity, and thereby osseointegration surface, the connection to the bone.
Implants inside the bone can be placed: immediately after tooth extraction (immediate implantation), during the bone healing period, i.e. from 1 to 12 weeks after the extraction (delayed immediate implant placement), or after healing of the alveolar bone, i.e. after six months from the extraction (late implantation ). The method of treatment is prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the conditions of bone, esthetic, restorative body and others.
The implants can be immediately provided with prosthetic filling (immediate loading), usually temporary filling, or load after the merger of the implant with the bone (after 3-6 months).
Nowadays there is no mention of the experimental phase – present implantation technique is so refined that the carefully planned and well executed surgery w can count on 100% success.
The percentage of success is slightly better in the lower jaw than in the upper jaw due to differences in the structure and quality of the bone.
Typically, the procedure is done only with the local anaesthetic. It is not painful for the patient. It involves the dissection of flap muco-periosteal and preparing the implant bed by using calibrated drill. First, you must determine the specific length and width of the implant. The drilling should be gradual and relatively slow. Constantly during the procedure, internal cooling of physiological salt solution must be used, so that the temperature of the bone does not exceed 45 degrees.
If at the same time a number of implants are introduced you should try to make room for the implants parallel to each other. In the anterior region, due to the specific structure of bones, sometimes angular connectors must be used to adjust the angle of inclination of future restorations.
After screwing the implant the outer holes are sealed with screw plugs. Then they are covered with a flap of muco-periosteum and sutured. Sometimes, when there is a good primary stability, you can immediately assume the crown, bridge or denture with the lock.
Replacing of one missing tooth.
Replacing of the two missing teeth with implants.
Replacing of the three missing teeth with implants
We observe the phenomenon of apparent closing the gap after the lost teeth as a result of the movement of the remaining teeth, which thus lose lateral support in the existing areas of contact. As a result of vertical movements, there is also loss of contact between the teeth of the opposite dental arch, which disturbed the morphological and functional balance of the whole stomatognathic system.
Replacing based on implants
A doctor gets an impression of maxilla or mandible with special conveyors. A prosthetics technician cast models and performs crown, bridge or denture.
Type of replacing based on implants
Prosthetic procedure depends on the quantity, quality, distribution of missing teeth and the type of planned replacing:
• In the case of deficiency of single tooth: single crowns on implants without necessity of grinding down the adjacent own teeth
• In the case of partial (group) deficiencies: single crowns or bridges on implants which replace missing teeth
• Inedentulism : bridges when there is a complete lack of teeth or dentures on beams, locks, latches, tenants, telescopes and other combinations.
In the era of the twenty-first century, if you do not have any natural teeth, you can be provided with regular follow-ups that are immovable, non-removable. The dentures are cemented or screwed onto the implants. You can eat everything, laugh any time you want to and enjoy your life. So, the final result is a much more natural feeling set of new teeth. Normal chewing forces are completely restored, and you never have to take your teeth out!
Full denture fastened onto the Dolder bar
Full denture fastened onto telescopic pillars
Full denture fastened onto locator-type clasps
In order to our work be more accurate and more efficient, we use appliances that help us in our work. By magnifying image they allow us if necessary, to raise the standard of services.
Benefits of working with a microscope:
• magnification ensures better visibility of the treatment area. Easy to distinguish details during the procedure determines the clinical success
• in endodontics: it allows excellent visibility during endodontic treatment (root canal): particularly for narrow canals, it helps to remove broken instruments, overcome obstructions in the root canal, improve the quality of work and it facilitates the work of the re-root canal treatment
in conservative dentistry: excellent visibility facilitates the work during aesthetic precision and helps in appropriate diagnostic evaluations, it allows to determine the degree of advancement of decay, increases the precision during creating fillings around the gingival, or the mating surfaces of the teeth, it can assess the integrity of composite and quality of its workmanship
• in prosthetics: microscope provides accuracy during teeth grinding, it allows to assess the accuracy of the work performed by the dental laboratory, you can check the quality of metal, porcelain, zircon cast, the degree of laboratory processing and you can verify the fit of the cast to the teeth in the patient's mouth.
Teeth whitening Lodz
TEETH WHITENING LAMP
A showcase of our physical appearance is a beautiful smile!
However, often on our teeth there are formed permanent dark stains - discoloration of enamel e.g. tea, coffee, red wine, smoking cigarettes or after antibiotic.
Please note that:
• brushing your teeth will not change their color and you cannot change the color of the enamel by using different methods of brushing your teeth no matter what brush you use.
• whitening toothpastes will help remove plaque but they will not change the color of the enamel.
Professional teeth whitening methods have been introduced in order to make your smile shiny and eye-catching. Teeth whitening agents are readily available and do not require surgical intervention. But before you decide to use them you should know what the methods are and what they are.
During the first visit, your dentist performs physical examination of the patient. He or she presents a plan for dental treatment. If necessary, your doctor temporarily prevents cavities as fillings, crowns and bridges are not bleached. Tartar and plague are removed. It should be noted that yellow teeth will whiten faster than grey teeth.
LIGHT WHITENING SYSTEM
The biggest hit of the world is teeth whitening in the office within 45 minutes (3 sessions of 15 minutes). For this purpose we purchased a special lamp White Dent. Bleaching system involves the use of urea and hydrogen peroxide in the form of a gel, which is applied on the tooth enamel. This results in oxidation of organic compounds which are contained in the structure of the tooth, which are transformed into simpler compounds, which increases the less absorption of light energy.
• fast, because you have got the snow-white teeth after 45 minutes!
• high whitening efficacy (usually change the color up to three tones, i.e. the A1 A3.5)
• the method is completely safe for the patient (light does not damage your teeth, has medical certificates).
Porcelain veneers are aesthetic restorations covering only visible front vestibular surfaces of natural teeth. They are made entirely of porcelain - without the metal frame, so they allow you to get a great aesthetic effect and change every smile. The biggest advantage is that veneers save dental hard tissue, because they require much less preparation of teeth than the dental prosthetic crowns. The thickness of porcelain veneers as necessary is only 0.3-0.7 mm, so that the interference in the hard tissue is minimal.
The Porcelain veneers procedure:
• The first visit is a preliminary consultation and examination, pictures and the dental impression are taken to perform computer simulation.
• The second visit: after consultation with the patient about the treatment of prosthetic teeth, the dentist has to prepare anterior surface of the tooth giving it proper shape. Using special appliances a small amount of external surface of the tooth crown is removed. This amount is equal to the thickness of future veneers. Next the dental impression is taken. Mass of proper density is put into the mouth on a special impression tray and pressed to the teeth. This way the imprint of your teeth is made. The imprint of your teeth is send to the prosthetic lab. There a plaster model is cast. It serves as a copy of your teeth to prepare veneers. While you are waiting for your veneers your dentist applies temporary veneers, which will protect your already grinded teeth.
• The third visit: temporary veneers are removed, porcelain veneers are fitted and after patient’s acceptance the veneers are cemented to the teeth.
The Porcelain veneers:
- Periodontal and gums disease
- Removal of plaque with piezoelectric and ultrasonic devices
- Air abrasion - Sandblasting for teeth with aluminum oxide to be smooth and glossy
- Teeth splinting - Splinting of loosened teeth with fiberglass (Splint-it and stick-net) and polyethylene fiber (Ribbond)
- Splint-denture—skeletal denture with a special splint protecting teeth from loosenes and complete the missing teeth
Endodontic treatment (root canal) it is necessary in the case of:
- Irreversible inflammation of the tooth pulp (nerve and blood vessels)
- Deep cavities without the possibility of biological treatment
- Pulp necrosis
- Gangrene of the pulp and periapical inflammation
- The dental or surgical indications and others.
Endodontics also known as root canal treatment is a branch of dentistry treating the tooth pulp and the degenerative effects in the surrounding tissue. Endodontic treatment deals with removing internal infected tooth tissue, cleaning and disinfection of the root canal and filling it with appropriate material.
The effectiveness of endodontic treatment is high and amounts to an average of 80-97%.
Well-cured root canal tooth can be used for a very long time (even 20 years!) Both alone and in combination with other structures. It can be a pillar of a denture bridge, or if there is a dental crown on it, it can be a support to the removable denture.
Endodontic treatment is also less expensive and less invasive than removing and replacing the broken tooth with a dental implant.
Tooth root canal treatment is a time-consuming procedure that requires the skills of the operator and the modern and expensive equipment.
Now, thanks to new technologies and materials, many teeth, which not long ago was sentenced to removal can be treated and saved.
A very important part is to accurately measure the length of the canal what is possible by using the apex (electronic measurement of the length of the channel) and X-ray images. In our office we measure the length of the channel very precisely with an endometer Root ZX Swiss company Morita, and X-rays are taken with French Kodak cameras and Finnish Satelec company.
The use of a microscope allows for good visibility and very thorough cleaning of the root canals from bacteria and dead or infected, inflamed pulp. It is also possible to find additional canals, expanding obliterated (narrowing) and clogged ducts or strongly curved canals. The use of the microscope more than once helped save teeth that were initially estimated to remove.
To describe the channels we use the latest Swiss technological appliances ATR by Dentsplay company. With the right vertical movement and quarter-turn it is possible to unblock narrow and curved canals. Introduced device into the canal moves from side to side, what ensures equal widening of the canal, and then filling it tight.
To fill the canals we use well-proven special equipment, so-called. Obtura II system.
The best and most biocompatible material with the body which is used for filling is gutta-percha (coagulate from subtropical trees). It is introduced into the canal in the form of liquid at a predetermined depth so that the material tightly filled canal without leaving air bubbles.
Smooth gutta-percha allows to fill the side and curved canals permanently and tightly.
Cosmetic dentistry Lodz
We perform the aesthetic restorations in the area:
If you have stains on your teeth or damage to the enamel, we can offer you ceramic veneers.
Porcelain veneers are made entirely of porcelain - without the metal frame, so allow you to get a great aesthetic effect and change for every smile. The biggest advantage of veneers is that they save dental hard tissue, because they require much less preparation than the dental prosthetic crowns.
A crown allows on reconstruction of fully destroyed tooth with a present radix. Crown’s color and transparency are selected individually so the crown won’t be different from the rest of the teeth. Porcelain crown is made to reconstruct defected tooth tissues, to keep or bring back its masticatory function and esthetic look. allow for any adjustment to the teeth, while maintaining a natural look, while strengthening the teeth (also from decay), and giving them the right color.
Zircon ceramic porcelain crown CAD/CAM
Crowns made by this method speeding up the process of performance and quality, reducing errors to a minimum by reducing human labor. Such a crown consists of a cap made of dense sintered aluminium oxide of high purity which is covered with porcelain veneer. Next the crown is proper adjusted which along with aluminium oxide gives it a high endurance.
Medical advice and adaptive visit
Check-up for regular patients
Fill one surface (Class V)
Fill one surface (Class I)
Fill two surfaces (class II MO, OD, III, IV)
Fill three surfaces (Class II MOD)
Tooth reconstruction with the compound
Fill a milk tooth
Sealing grooves (one tooth)
Varnishing (one tooth)
Varnishing (all teeth)
Teeth whitening using an overlay
Teeth whitening using a lamp
Dead tooth whitening (1 visit)
Temporary filing of zinc oxide (ZnO / E)
The incisors and canines
250 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
350 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
450 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
Reendo (to improve the old canal treatment)
The incisors and canines
300 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
400 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
500 zł (3 visits + 50 zł each additional visit)
Root canal treatment using a microscope (price for one tooth)
The incisors and canines
Removal of broken tools (microscope)
Remove the old cartridge crown-root
Whitening with Beyond lamp
Bleaching of Beyond the flash and extra whitening caps
100 – 300 zł
150 – 200 zł
An alveolus suturing
A tooth gouging
Embadded tooth removal
Apex resection of incisor or canine tooth
Connective tissue graft
100 – 150 zł
150 – 250 zł
350 – 400 zł
500 – 1000 zł
Porcelain crown (on Cr-Co alloy)
Porcelain crown (on Au-Pt alloy)
Full ceramic crown and on Cercon substructure (zirconia)
Inlay, onlay ceramiczny
Inlay, onlay ceramic
Temporary crown (made in surgery)
Temporary crown (made in laboratory)
Repair of dentures (1 point)
Cast crown and root inlay
Cast crown-root - Glass fibre inlay
800 zł + the cost of gold
Putting on implant
Porcelain crown (on Cr-Co alloy) + titanium connector
Porcelain crown on zirconium with titanium connector
Prosthesis based on two implants
Prosthesis based on 4 implants
Porcelain bridge (6 implants)
Porcelain bridge (8 implants)
Sinus elevation (price with biomaterial)) closed method
Sinus elevation (price with biomaterial) open method
Putting on healing bolts
Bone reconstruction (price with biomaterial)
Connective tissue graft
Bone block graft
500 – 1000 zł
2500 – 4000 zł
Periapical photographs (right angle technique)
Teeth splinting glass fibre (3 teeth)
Teeth splinting glass fibre (six teeth)
Offer displayed: 28145